• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew steps with more water then mash tun total volume

netomarin

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi brewers,

Sorry if my question is a matter of not understanding the software, but I'm trying to create a witbier recipe using BIAB.

I created my equipment profile, that is a 12,75L pot (total volume).
But when I click on the brew steps, BS is asking to put 13,81L.

Am I configuring something wrong?

thanks
[]s
Neto

If you have created your equipment profile for a full volume BIAB mashing, then the software will calculate the water needed and grain volume regardless of your stated volume.  On the 'Mash' tab, you will see a calculation on the bottom left column of the tab titled 'mash volume needed'.  Next to the final number are colored dots.  If the colored dot is red, then the software is indicating that there is too much volume for your given mash tun.  The only way to correct this is to go into the equipment profile and change it to add a sparge step or alternatively you can add top off water to make up any volume that will not fit into your kettle.

Back