• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewing All Grain since 1986

teamrjh

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. After one batch of extract bier I quickly started brewing All Grain in September 1986 and never looked back. I built my own tiered brewing sculpture with pumps and all. Can do simple infusion, decoction, and RIM with this sculpture. Since then I have made many fine brews and as time ages us all so does our tastes. Now a days I work on brewing old school recipes from the 1800's after a lot of research and brewing. I have brewed many batches of European style biers and have revived recipes for many authentic biers of old. Favorites now include many stouts, Scotch Ales, Marzen-Oktoberfest (1872 recipe), and an authentic Guiness style bier my neighbors can't get over asking for more.

Cheers!

I too never looked back after going all-grain. I liken the difference between extract beer and all-grain to the difference between Folgers Crystals and grinding your own beans.  One is coffee/beer, and the other is not unlike coffee/beer. But they're not the same.  Though the general consensus here is not in agreement with me. Anyway, I'm sure there will be questions posed here that you can answer, as well as many you never thought to ask. It's a fun forum. Welcome.

How about roasting your own coffee beans?  That seems an AG equivalent to me.  Total control over raw beans and roast time, etc.?

First cup costs several hundred dollars, and you stop drinking McD's coffee after that?

hello guys... wow that's a good brewing record... those look like amazing old recipe beers, how can you share them with us?

I started 1996 and brewed for about a year then left it alone and started again just over 3 years ago and past 18 months been doing all grain... good fun.. have just made batch number 230.. yes 230 batches of 5 gallons each and yes I have given a LOT away.. just made a mixed berries beer and tried it yesterday and its pretty amazing... have done some very hoppy American pale ales, using centennial, cascade, columbus, citra and they are very nice a great aroma...

I am in Sydney Australia and we going into autumn now and its easter weekend Saturday morning now 8.40 AM and its raining like crazy... must be late afternoon in USA.. looking forward to hearing from you oh my direct email is
georgio@ozemail.com.au

Hope to hear from you

Cheers... George  :)

Back