• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

introductions

gisbon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Greetings all!!  New to the forum and looking forward to great topics and advice. Am brewing all grain in small batches ( 1 - 3 gallons ) for last 2 years. Greatly enjoy the art of brewing and hope to produce some very good batches in future. Just now trying to make hard apple cider and ginger beers.

Welcome.

I've made two ginger beers, one from Coopers Kit with 1/2 lb added fresh ginger. It was good but had that artificial sweetener after taste. Then I tried my own recipe with 3 lbs 2 row, 1 lb honey malt, 1.5 lb brown sugar and 3 lbs fresh ginger, tastes good but you need to sweeten each bottle as you pour it in a glass. I'll be waiting to hear your GB recipes. If I try again, I may just skip the malt and go straight sugar and ginger and plan on sweetening each glass as I drink it.

Al W

Back