• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Monticello Minnesota

bfiske88

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Brian,I have been brewing for 5 whole months now. I am about to start my fourth brew tomorrow. I actually used to hate the taste of beer...until my wife and I took a tour at a local brewery and after sampling some of their "weird" beers...well we were hooked...we had no idea that beer could actually taste great! Now we are always seeking out new breweries here in Minnesota and now playing with some of our own. The first didn't turn out very well. Our second...an extract of a rye ipa that we added some blueberry and lemon zest at the end of the boil turned out wonderful...just waiting for it to carbonate. The third batch, a oatmeal stout partial mash is also in bottles...but I am a little concerned of the watered down taste. We will be trying out a heifer tomorrow, also a partial mash....wish me luck. So far I have yet to produce anything that is stellar but Im gonna keep at it.

Welcome from Fairbanks, Alaska. I graduated from Monticello High School in 1969.  All 4 of my sisters also graduated from MHS. We lived on the corner of 4th and Maple. There was a Fiske that lived next door. My mom (Helen Wettestad) baby sat for them once in a while, I think the boys name was Brian.

I just put my 6th beer, an Oatmeal Stout in the FV. I went to BIAB all grain on my 3rd bear. It was an American Stout that turned out great. I'm liking that BIAB process, I doubt that I'll go back to extract.

I hope you will enjoy the hobby as much as I do.

Al Weber

Back