• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

"Deleted stale lock file" error, nothing in my home directory

TheFunkyMonk

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Brad,

I'm on a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.10.2 and BeerSmith 2 v2.2.12.

I'm getting the error "Deleted stale lock file '/Users/myusername/BeerSmith2-myusername'" every time I open the app.

I did a search of your forum for this error before submitting this post, and saw a few threads where you suggested deleting this file manually in your User directory after confirming BeerSmith is not running. I've looked for this file and it doesn't seem to exist in my home directory.

Any thoughts on how I might proceed from here?

Thanks,
R.J.

Hi,
  If it is consistently being put there that indicates that somehow BeerSmith is not shutting down correctly each time you use it.  Do you get any errors when closing BeerSmith down?

Brad

Hi Brad,

I'm not getting any errors shutting down Beersmith and am just using the usual cmd+q shortcut. Is there any way I can provide you with a log or more information that might help diagnose what's going on?

Thanks,
R.J.

TheFunkyMonk said:
Hi Brad,

I'm on a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.10.2 and BeerSmith 2 v2.2.12.

I'm getting the error "Deleted stale lock file '/Users/myusername/BeerSmith2-myusername'" every time I open the app.

I'm having the same issue on my iMac.  OS X 10.10.5 and BeerSmith 2 v2.2.12, and also cannot figure out what to do.  Any suggestions?

Back