• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cost does not update recipes

J

JayJay

I put costs in for my ingredients, but the costs within my recipes still reflect the old prices - even when the recipe is copied to the brew log.  It seems the only way I can figure out to update the costs is to replace each ingredient in the recipe, a bit time-consuming.

Is this right?  If so, the cost feature may need a little tweaking.  Can someone advise?

JayJay,
  I agree I need a button on the recipe page to update prices from the database.

Each recipe has complete copies of the ingredients (including price), which is why they don't automatically update.  This is an advantage when you are sharing a recipe with a friend, or perhaps have used the same hops with different alpha values, but there should be an easier way to update the prices in the recipe.  As the price features are fairly new (added in 1.4), I can't say they are perfect yet.  I will certainly look at adding this in the future.

Cheers!
Brad

First off... I bought BeerSmith today... great product! :)

Has a solution been developed yet to update prices of old recipes?  If not, I'd love to see a way to update recipe prices... either in batch or singly.

Thanks,
Ryan

No, not yet, but I am working on it for a future version of BeerSmith...I would like to make it easy to keep the prices and inventory up to date while designing recipes.

Cheers,
Brad

I'd just like to agree with the other posters that this is a necessary addition.  I didn't start adding ingredient prices until I had a dozen recipes in.  I cannot go back and re-enter them all.

It would be really nice if we could right click a recipe in the brew log and select "Update prices from database" if we want to update a recipe without changing the other ones.

-Joe

Back