• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hi from Tasmania

arctic78

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi just joined up and also just started brewing . Have brewed two extract so far . a amber ale and Avogadro's expeditious old ale. both from CJHB.  very happy with the amber and just have to wait a while yet for the old ale to get better. I tried the old ale after 2 weeks and it had a very strong malt/sweet taste but after much reading it seems like leaving it in the bottle for 8-12 weeks or longer will improve it so fingers crossed. the next brew (tomorrow) will be the palace bitter.

So I have lots to learn and lots of beer to brew  :D and this seems like a good place to learn and get advice .

Welcome!

I picked up a bottle of Cascade Stout at my local bottle shop the other night. I believe the bottle said it's Tasmanian. Any other Taz brewers to look out for?

Hi,
      Yeah there are a few good little micro breweries that have got going now in Tassie but not sure what there distribution is like outside of Tassie or Australia. Cascade is  One of the big Two Breweries in Tassie The other being Boags . I have to say I am not the biggest fan of either but Cascade is the better of the two in my opinion.
Keep an eye out though for beers from the smaller ones I will give you a few names.

Moo Brew , Seven Sheds , Iron House & Van Diemans.

These are a few that I think have some really good beers. There are a couple more around but I can not think of the names.

Hope you have some luck and get to try one of them, Let me know.

Back