• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from NJ

Alteredstate

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have  beersmith 2 for my iPad and I have become hooked to all grain brewing..Cheers :)

Hello! Another NJ brewer! Just started all Grain Brewing myself! I'm having trouble with body! I just tested my brew before dry hopping, and it tastes very thin. Any advise? We had 75% efficiency OG 1.053, and 1.013 FG at end of Fermentation, seven days later. The flavor is perfect, the body is weak. Is it because it is flat and not carbonated? Will the carbonation sugars add body? I'm a newbie at brewing? PS, my first batch was an extract and it came out perfect!

CABrewing said:
Hello! Another NJ brewer! Just started all Grain Brewing myself! I'm having trouble with body! I just tested my brew before dry hopping, and it tastes very thin. Any advise? We had 75% efficiency OG 1.053, and 1.013 FG at end of Fermentation, seven days later. The flavor is perfect, the body is weak. Is it because it is flat and not carbonated? Will the carbonation sugars add body? I'm a newbie at brewing? PS, my first batch was an extract and it came out perfect!
well I only have 3 batches under my belt and you have me beat with OG, but yes carbonation changes a lot of things. Example is my first batch hit 1040 OG with a simple pale ale and I dry hopped it with citra after 14 days and even though it was a little light it tasted very good. Your body will come from the grains, what were you brewing?

Alteredstate said:
CABrewing said:
well I only have 3 batches under my belt and you have me beat with OG, but yes carbonation changes a lot of things. Example is my first batch hit 1040 OG with a simple pale ale and I dry hopped it with citra after 14 days and even though it was a little light it tasted very good. Your body will come from the grains, what were you brewing?
7 days seems short for fermentation

Back