• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to setup No Mash Out, No Sparge

brewprint

Apprentice
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but am I the only one having a terrible time trying to figure out how to set up this software?

I do BIAB with no mash out and no sparge.  There is just nothing that I can find on how to set up this software this way.

I'm extremely frustrated at this point.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I will try to step you through this...

1.  Open up your mash profiles folder: 'profiles' >> 'Mash Profiles'

2.  Click icon for adding a new mash profile: 'Add Mash'

3.  Set the grain temperature for a typical value you hold your grain at before adding to the strike water

4.  Towards the bottom of the pop-up screen under the heading of 'Brew in a Bag (BIAB) and Full Boil Mash', click on the box next to 'BIAB Mash with Full Boil'

5.  Now, just below the step box, click on 'Add mash step'

6.  Make sure the type of step is set to 'infusion'

7.  Set the 'step temperature' for the mash temperature you wish to target

8.  Change the 'step time' to the length of your mash

9.  Enter a reasonable time in the 'Rise time' box.  I have 10 minutes for rise time to account for the time I spend mixing the grains into the water and ensuring there are no grain balls

10.  Click on 'OK' to save the step.

11.  Give the profile a unique name so you can find it.  Try Gavin's recommendation of starting with a number to move it to the top of the list.

Now you have a profile that you can use to brew with.  The numbers will change based upon the size of your recipe.

Okay I think that'll get me super close.

Now the software just needs to tell me kettle height/gallon that I need per recipe.

The software doesn't tell you that, You need to measure your own kettle by adding andd marking one gallon at a time.

Back