• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding Grain Supplier and Origin to Other Views??

N

nairb6868

Hi,

Hopefully I can word this to be easily understood.

I went through all the grains listed and removed the Supplier name out of the main title because it is included in the grain description anyway.  This should help with using the find feature to figure out what I can brew with ingredients on hand, that is if it is based ONLY on the main title of the grain.  Before, with a grain titled "Pale 2-row (Briess)" it limited me to only recipes that included "Pale 2-row (Briess)" and would ignore any other recipe with just "Pale 2-row" as an ingredient.  What I am hoping for is that when I do a "find" with ingredients in inventory, the program will look at just the title of the grain, not the origin or supplier.

Now my question.  Is there a way to include the grain supplier and country of origin in the recipe views?  Right now the only way I can see this is to double click on the ingredient in the recipe view.  It would be great when I print out a brewsheet or recipe that this information be incuded.

Thanks!

Hi,
  No, if I understand you correctly you want to display this info on the main recipe ingredients list.  Unfortunately this view is not currently customizable.  Perhaps this can be added in the future.

You can customize most of the database views - use the customize columns command on the view menu.  Unfortunately the recipe ingredients box is fixed though.

Thanks,
Brad Smith
beersmith.com

Thanks for the reply Brad.  That is exactly what I meant.  Glad you could understand it!  :)

Answer this question for me.  When I search for recipes I can brew with ingredients on hand, does the program look just at the "title" of the grain or does it look at "title - supplier - origin, etc"?

What I want is if I have "Pale 2-Row" in inventory, any recipe that uses "Pale 2-Row" no matter what type (Briess, UK, etc.) will be included.  So if the recipe uses "Pale 2-Row" with UK as the origin and I have "Pale 2-Row" with US as the origin in my inventory, will it include that? 

Thanks Again,
Brian

Hi,
  The way it works is that it must match the title first, then it tries to match the rest of the aspects (type, then origin, then supplier, then color) to score the match in that order. 

In practice, as long as the title matches, it should score high enough to generate a match in the search box.

Cheers!
Brad

GREAT!

That's what I wanted to hear.

Thanks again for Beersmith!!  I promote it every chance I get.

Prost,
brian

Brad,

I have another question.  On the "Find Recipes by Ingredient" screen, if I don't have any recipes show up until I choose "2 Unmatched Ingredients", how can I tell what those 2 ingredients are??  Is there a way?

If not, could this be included in the next update?

Prost,
brian

Brian,
  Not currently - it basically just counts the ingredients that match.  One could do a side by side comparison however - just right click on one of the recipes in recipe view and preview it in a separate window - then compare it to the other one.

Cheers!
Brad

Back