• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer Label

Andrewqld

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Just imported my Beer label into BeerSmith, you need to do a bit of editing of your label in a web page designer program like Frontpage ect. and save the file in the beersmith templates folder and also a copy in ""C:\Documents and Settings\{Your_login)\Local Settings\Temp" where {Your_login} is your login name.

Then open Beersmith and select Tools, options, reports then click "add" and browse for the file you saved in the reports folder.
And here is the outcome, if you have edited your label correctly BeerSmith will put the name of the beer and the ABV% into the label for you.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,491
Thanks,
  You are correct - the new version allows you to store images and other associated files in the BeerSmith/Templates directory - you no longer need to have them in the temporary directory.  I was able to fix this in version 1.4.

Cheers!
Brad

Hi

I used the blue one that is on the site and changed it a bit in Word.

Are there other style templates available to us as an open source?  Ah...for those of us with limited artistic ability?

TY

A simple enough start, I enlisted the ASST-BREWER field in the recipe form for the filename.ext of the graphic to use in the Label template attached. This way each Recipe can have its own graphic - just a start on the possibilities...  Drop the image(s) into the Beersmith\templates folder. 

This template has a lot of overhead crap in it as I made it in Word first.  I didn't see any ad-hoc or graphic fields on a recipe so I use Assistant Brewer for the filename.ext. and reference that tag in the html.  I also used a bit of Doc's "Hourglass IPA" label format (I don't use the GoodDog fonts..., but they're still in some of the styles).

Cheers!
Rick

Attachments

• BS-BottleLabel.htm
    8.1 KB · Views: 749
Back