• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello From Sunny Tucson, Az

catsofaz1

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello - David T here. 50 Years old and started home brewing about 2 years ago. Currently I am still extract brewing but collecting all the equipment to start all grain soon. I have a Dunkelweizen in the primary (10 days in). I used a fairly standard recipe but added a bit of English Chocolate Malt and plan on adding 2oz slightly crushed coffee beans to the secondary for 24 hours before bottling. I am planning the first all grain batch using the Bells Double Hearted IPA recipe I discovered on this site. Happy brewing all!!

David

Welcome!

I recently brewed the Bell's Two-Hearted but played with a combination of yeast strains. I can't recommend doing the same. I'm hoping to save my rather tart results by racking it onto actual fruit.

It seems the more positive reviews I've read were brewed with Denny's Special, but I've seen other recipes that call for WLP001. Check out the attached. It's the original Bell's Two-Hearted recipe.

Attachments

• Bell's 2-Hearted.jpg
    Bell's 2-Hearted.jpg
    703.3 KB · Views: 354
Back