• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

I don't know what I did but my recipies are gone...

dpbisme

Apprentice
Reaction score
So I had a couple recipes I was working on and I was moving things to folders and poof... all my recipes are gone.

I found a recipe file and opened it but it is an old one and did not have the beers I have in progress or was designing...

All I have in the Left Pane is "My Recipes" and recipes from a while back..... 

I did have a problem with this laptop a year ago and moved Beersmith to a new directory (my old Windows Profile had become corrupted)

Any recommendations to see if my current recipes are still here?  I am wondering if I have just changed the view or something?

All of your recipes and profiles are stored in Documents/BeerSmith2. In a worst case scenario, you will need to rename this folder and reinstall BeerSmith.  The archive files are recording every change you are making while in BeerSmith.

Brad's outline for how to repair BeerSmith:

- Rename your "Documents/BeerSmith2" directory to something else like "OldBeerSmith" which saves your data
  - Make sure you have the latest version of BeerSmith 2 installed from the main download page
  - Restart BeerSmith2 - which will create a new BeerSmith 2 directory with the sample recipes in it
  - You will likely have to enter your registration key again
  - Once you have BeerSmith running again, use the Open command to open your old Recipe.bsmx file
    that is now in your "OldBeerSmith" directory  and then copy/paste any recipes you need into
    your new "My Recipes" folder
  - You can do the same with Equipment.bsmx, Hops.bsmx, etc... if you have added items beyond
    those that came with BeerSmith 2
  - If you can't open one of the files (Recipe.bsmx for example), you can also try opening the numbered
    backups (Recipe1.bsmx, Recipe2.bsmx, etc...) - these contain older copies of the original.
  - Let me know if you have any problems - and please keep your "OldBeerSmith" directory around
    (the one you renamed earlier) as it will have all of your data in it!

Back