• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A "Preview Pane" on right option for wide screens

L

luwak

A "Preview Pane" on right hand side option for wide screen users would be fab.

Also a “Compact” preview style to complement the “Normal” and “Classic” styles would be a help. With smaller fonts, no margins, reduced or removed headings and spacing to maximize the amount of info onscreen without having to scroll around. 

Being able to scale the size of the preview pane using the Ctrl key and the mouse scroll wheel (Microsoft style) would be ideal. Although a “Compact” style would probably be easier to implement in the short term.

OK it looks like I can get part way by playing with the .htm files in C:\Program Files\BeerSmith\templates

Will have a play after work.

I have made up a replacement recipe preview template that is compact enough to display a full recipe preview without any scrolling around on my wide screen.

Perhaps it will of some help to others so I have attached it here. Obviously a backup of the original recipe_template.htm file is a good idea before replacing it in the C:\Program Files\BeerSmith\templates folder. Then check that the preview style drop down list box located on the toolbar is set to “Normal” for it to work.

I would still much prefer a preview pane on the right though thanks Brad.

Cheers
Jeff

Attachments

• recipe_template.htm
    3.1 KB · Views: 385
Thanks,
  I agree this is an excellent suggestion for people with wide screens - I will certainly look into it!

Brad

Back