• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

moving program to memory stick

J

JLbrew

Hello,

I've had a registered version os BS for some time but just registered on the forum. I originally installed BS to my laptop but have found myself boucing back to my desktop. I'd like to just move BS off the laptop and to a memorey stick and be able to run the program from there if possible (?)

How can I transfer the program with all my saved info (recipes, general settings, equipment profile, inventory , etc)?

Thanks!

I did it.  It was pretty easy.  I just copied all the BeerSmith files to my sdhc card.  Now whatever  computer I use at home, I just pop in the card, start the program from the card and bam!

It makes things a lot easier.  I use an Asus EEEPc as my laptop and the keyboard is a bit small, so I enter in most recipes from my desktop computer and then transfer the card back to the Asus.

On my laptop, I created a shortcut to the .exe file and placed it on the desktop for ease of use.

Prost,
B

Back