• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Transferring data to a new computer

transmitter

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've read the post about dropping the old folder not the user file but i can seem to get it to work. The equipment and all the other info is not showing up. Any thoughts. I'm on mac system 10.10.4 and I'd really like to not have to set up all the equipment as well as all the hops with their corrected IBU info....

Best
Anthony Accardi
Transmitter

If you take your old Documents/BeerSmith2 and overwrite the Documents/BeerSmith2 folder on your new computer it should work.

Alternately you can individually open your old Equipment.bsmx, Recipe.bsmx, etc... files in BeerSmith using File->Open and then copy/paste items into My Recipes, your Profile->Equipment view/etc... to move them over.

Brad

I am moving from MacOS to Windows 10 and I tried this, but it didn't work. No recipes, equipment profiles, settings, nothing... :(

Any further suggestions Brad,

thanks

Brad Wood)

bradwood said:
I tried this, but it didn't work.

When you transferred the .../Documents/BeerSmith2 folder from the OS to the Win 10 machine, did you replace the folder or just drop it into the folder?

If you just dropped it in, there is likely to be another BeerSmith2 folder inside the primary.

Back