• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Apple Cider

B

BeerSnob

Anyone know the numbers to plug in for adding Apple Cider to the ingrediants?

Found some answers via search.  When I plug the numbers in though the units are lb.... any way to change it to gal?

Thought you all would like a bit of laughter before hitting the pillows.  So the unit is stuck with lbs.... so I go to the scale... 1 gal weighs 8.75lbs.  Got 3 gals.... so thats 26.25 lbs.  I have some honey and brown sugar in the recipe as well... however.... and here is where the humor comes in.... it is est an Alcohol by volume at.... 30.57.  Ok... I still need to tweak it :)

Look at the Apple entries for fruits in the grain extensions for some rough numbers.

Measure the "brix" or sugar content of the cider and enter that number into the "Dry Yield Fine Grain" field of a duplicate entry for a grain.  This will yield the potential SG.  (1.005-1.007 for apples)

sorry, you are stuck with gallons

Fred

Different tack but i highly reccomend perry (pear cider) a much superior flavour.

Back