• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

GrainFather Equipment Profile

globetrekker

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have seen numerous Grainfather profiles around the net for Beersmith 2.  It would be nice to get a final one settled from Beersmith or the makers of the Grainfather as there seems to be a lot of variances in the settings for this piece of equipment.  I know its not Beersmiths people responsibility to write a profile for every new whole grain beer making appliance out there but a forum for us Grainfather brewers would help too. 

I don't know the answer to what the equipment profile would be for the grainfather, but curious as to your opinions on the grainfather. I'm thinking of springing for the equipment.

Have you used it? What was your experience, good, bad, or indifferent?

Any problems?

Was it easy to use?

What did you brew and how did it turn out?

Thanks in advance.

riceral,

I use a GrainFather ordered mine prior to the first release, to date I have completed almost 30 brews with it.
Initially it had a few leaking problems but the new upgrade kit has improved several of the early issues with it.
It is extremely easy to use and takes about 8 hours to brew two batches and clean up if I don't use the chiller and cube it instead.
Grain Efficiency is consistently between 89 and 92 percent.
Only real issue I have with it is that it is not BIG enough. The beer produced from it however is sensational.

Back