• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lost to Boil Trub and Chiller

majkeli

Apprentice
Reaction score
When I adjust this in my equipment profile it looks like it's just adding more water to my mash but doing this isn't adjusting the recipe's gravity or ingredients.  How can that be?

Hi,
  By convention, the ingredients are driven by your overall brewhouse efficiency which is intended to represent the end-to-end efficiency of your system.  If you have significant losses that should give you a lower overall efficiency.

I'm working on an alternative system (optional) to start with mash efficiency and then take into account all the losses from there on out.  I think this is what you would prefer to see, which is why I have it planned for a future version.  However, most brewing programs quote overall brewhouse efficiency and not mash efficiency, so it would still require you to know your mash efficiency going in.

Thanks,
Brad

Back