• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

duplicating a recipe

cooperville

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have an existing recipe that I would like to duplicate so i can modify it slightly for my second batch without modifying the original
Im using my mac
Is there an obvious way to do this that I'm missing or is it a case of re-entering ingredients

thanks in advance

cooperville said:
I have an existing recipe that I would like to duplicate so i can modify it slightly for my second batch without modifying the original

This is where the Brew Log comes in handy. You'll go to the recipe you want to brew, highlight it, tehn click "Copy to Log" (middle of the home ribbon).

If you don't already have a brew log folder, one will be created.

Now, you can change the date of the recipe and modify it as much as you need to, plus record the readings for that brew session. There's no need to change the recipe name. As time goes on, you'll have a complete record of all your brewing sessions, sorted by brew date.

Plus you preserve the original in its original folder. And you can create as many recipe folders as you'd like. For instance, you can have a folder for each brewing magazine you get recipes from, and another for your brew club, LHBS, and so forth.

Back