Author Topic: Managing calendar  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Russell

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Managing calendar
« on: August 28, 2015, 03:43:01 PM »
 when I put a recipe on Beer Smith it thinks I am going to brew it that day.
 How can I keep a recipe on Beer Smith and not have it on the calendar until I really brew it with out giving it a false date?
  is there a way to put a recipe on and not give it a date so it doesn't show up in the calendar?

Offline Oginme

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
Re: Managing calendar
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 06:54:11 PM »
Here is how I manage the calendar:  Go to options and, in the 'brewing' tab, change the calendar to view only those recipes in 'brew log' and check the box to hide any recipes where I am not the brewer.  I then create my recipes, setting the date on the recipe to 01/01/01.  When I want to brew a recipe, I select the recipe and click on "copy to brew log" which then moves a copy of the current recipe to a folder called "brew log".  BeerSmith will create this folder if it is not already there.

Next, I open the 'brew log' folder and select the recipe I want to brew.  I enter my name as the brewer and change the date to the date I want to brew the recipe.  This recipe will now show up on the calendar.

Further, I can enter all the brew data for that recipe in the copy of the recipe in 'brew log' without affecting the original recipe version in the 'my recipes' folder.  Also, I can make a change in the recipe copy in 'brew log' without changing the original copy.
Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!

Offline Russell

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 11:05:54 PM »
I looked all over and can't find the Brew Logg folder.
I found some things on Brew log in Options/Advanced tab

Offline Russell

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 11:12:31 PM »
I found it..
thank you for the help

modification