• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Managing calendar

Russell

Brewer
Reaction score
when I put a recipe on Beer Smith it thinks I am going to brew it that day.
How can I keep a recipe on Beer Smith and not have it on the calendar until I really brew it with out giving it a false date?
  is there a way to put a recipe on and not give it a date so it doesn't show up in the calendar?

Here is how I manage the calendar:  Go to options and, in the 'brewing' tab, change the calendar to view only those recipes in 'brew log' and check the box to hide any recipes where I am not the brewer.  I then create my recipes, setting the date on the recipe to 01/01/01.  When I want to brew a recipe, I select the recipe and click on "copy to brew log" which then moves a copy of the current recipe to a folder called "brew log".  BeerSmith will create this folder if it is not already there.

Next, I open the 'brew log' folder and select the recipe I want to brew.  I enter my name as the brewer and change the date to the date I want to brew the recipe.  This recipe will now show up on the calendar.

Further, I can enter all the brew data for that recipe in the copy of the recipe in 'brew log' without affecting the original recipe version in the 'my recipes' folder.  Also, I can make a change in the recipe copy in 'brew log' without changing the original copy.

I looked all over and can't find the Brew Logg folder.
I found some things on Brew log in Options/Advanced tab

Back