• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Absurdly low OG estimate- how to fix?

Reversepivot

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find this anywhere, so hopefully this hasn't been answered yet!
I am trying out BS2, and when I enter a recipe, the OG estimate is really low- as a test, I entered only 20 lbs of Pale American 2 row (1.036), with a brewhouse efficiency of %70, which should give me an OG of 1.050 (I think), but BS reads 1.019! What am I doing wrong???

I think this is an easy one... I've been there.  Make sure your equipment profile is set to an all grain recipe, not extract.

(thumping head on desk) Wow... on the one hand, that was an absurdly easy fix. On the other, it was an embarrassingly simple issue. Thanks! I was starting to think I'd permanently messed it up somehow! You saved BeerSmith for me!

Reversepivot said:
(thumping head on desk) Wow... on the one hand, that was an absurdly easy fix. On the other, it was an embarrassingly simple issue. Thanks! I was starting to think I'd permanently messed it up somehow! You saved BeerSmith for me!

No worries, we've almost all been there!

Back