• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith mobile vs Beersmith 2 for PC

BigBBrew

Brewer
Reaction score
I currently use Beersmith mobile on my iPad. Is the much of a difference between this and PC version?

The PC version is more detailed and flexible. Both can share files via the cloud.

I bought the pc version. I'm glad I can go both was to and from to my iPad.

Hi
I bought the Beersmith package on iStore and was under the impression that it would work on iPad and PC. Why sell a bundled package if it is only for Ipad? I am missing something?

Braailus said:
I bought the Beersmith package on iStore and was under the impression that it would work on iPad and PC. Why sell a bundled package if it is only for Ipad? I am missing something?

Can you provide a link?

I went to Istore (istoreworld.com), where a search for BeerSmith didn't return any results.

The BeerSmith PC application is a separate purchase from mobile. I don't think Apple allows cross platform bundling.

Hi Brewfun

There is a Beersmith mobile brewing app and then there is a Beersmith Light app on iTunes. I downloaded Beersmith on my PC but never got around to using it. I remembered that it looked interesting and searched on my iPad. I saw the 2 options and bought the most expensive one, assuming that it work on PC as well. I don't know how to get the PC version now. Would it be a separate purchase. That seems a bit strange.

Braailus said:
I saw the 2 options and bought the most expensive one, assuming that it work on PC as well. I don't know how to get the PC version now. Would it be a separate purchase. That seems a bit strange.

Both of the versions you saw are for mobile. The version you purchased is a lot more powerful than the lite version, so you made the right choice.

The PC version is available through the BeerSmith.com website. It is a separate purchase, sorry. It's the same price we all paid.

Am I correct in saying that if you purchase the PC version, you can use the mobile for the same price? If that is the case they should alert you to the fact before you purchase the mobile version

Braailus said:
Am I correct in saying that if you purchase the PC version, you can use the mobile for the same price? If that is the case they should alert you to the fact before you purchase the mobile version

Incorrect.  PC version is like $20, mobile is about $8.  Short money, I own and use both... more often the mobile version.

Back