• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hofbrau Oktoberfest clone

rlongfield

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a clone of this beer using extract.
I am new to brewing and while I have someone to 'mentor' me I am not ready for much beyond extract.
I saw a post for a Hofbrau Oktoberfest clone on here but it was for grain and not extract. I'm hoping a clone is possible using extract.

I love the Hofbrau Oktoberfest but it is not available this year in my area. :(

Thanks

If you can find it, use Munich Malt extract. It's typically 50/50 Pilsner and Munich malt. Then perhaps just a handful of Chocolate malt to deepen the color.

The overall recipe target should be about 1.065 with about 25 IBU of bittering. I'd use a less floral Noble hop, like Tettnang.

Make sure you use PLENTY of yeast, oxygenate well and ferment as close to 50o F as possible. This is a dry finishing beer. It should be ready in about 30 days.

Thanks very much Brewfun. I think I will start looking for the Munich malt extract tomorrow!

Back