• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings from South Africa

Braailus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi

New member from sunny South Africa. I have done 6 all grain brews so far. I gave purchase Beersmith 2 on iStore without realizing that it is separate from the PC version. Had I known that, I would have bought the PC version but so be it. The software looks great and I have already finalized the recipe for our next beer on my iPad.(American Brown Ale according to Beersmith).

To date we have done a Wheat beer (Erdinger type), and Irish Red Ale, a Dunkel (again, based on the Erdinger flavours), a Stout (brewed today), a FrankenPils (home made Pilsner recipe loosely based on a Pilsner beer) and a Ginger Beer (Ale) bottled today.

We are using a 45 liter SS Urn as a boiler, a 45 liter plastic home made mash tun and 25 l fermenter buckets. We have done 18l batches up to today. The next batch will be 30 liter (to bottle). All of the above were done all grain. Our first beer was a Brown Ale extract

Looking forward to learning lots more on this platform

Welcome to the forum.  I'm looking forward to reading about your thoughts on how the beers have turned out.  I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality of beer you can make!

Thanks Scott

Our Stout is already bubbling away like there is no tomorrow. We only put it in the fermenter last night. The yeast must like what is in the pool.

Back