• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings all, from a new all grain enthusiast from the UK

waxman63

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Forgive the intrusion, but could you more experienced brewers advise me? What would you expect the estimated ABV of a beer with the final gravity of 1.010 to be, approximately? As I seem to be under a great misapprehension. 

The ABV of the resulting beer with a 1.010 final gravity would depend upon the starting gravity of the beer.  If you know that reading, you can use the 'pct alcohol' tool under the 'tools' drop  down menu to calculate the abv of your beer.

Greetings and Welcome.

The final gravity must be subtracted from the Original gravity. The difference is used to determine the alcohol content.

Within BeerSmith, there is both a tool for this process, plus it's automatically calculated in your recipe if you log the data as you go. Any field that says "measured" is your cue to add the appropriate information. By default, there is some junk... er, "placeholder," information in these fields, already. Just replace it with your actual measurements.

Thank you, both. I should have added that the OG was 1.062.

Back