• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Transfer custom profiles, ingredients, water tables ect

Tehdrunkard

New Forum Member
Reaction score
So my computer died....i was able to get the old beersmith file from my documents. I do not have, but may be able to get the one from program files....

I would like to get my custom items out of my old system and into my new one...I was able to manually move over all my recipes but i'm missing all my custom stuff. I tried putting my old folder in place of my new folder on my documents and that didn't seem to make a difference....

Any help is really really appreciated!

Thanks!

Teh

Wow! That's a stumper!!  Nobody has ever had their computer die, before.  ;) ;D :p

I kid, of course.

It's a very easy transfer. Once you have BeerSmith installed and added the key, you simply have to copy/paste the .../Documents/BeerSmith2 folder from your backup to the new computer, in the same location.

The file that you mentioned will have all of your recipes, profiles and custom preferences.

Back