• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding new equipment via upload

Notting Hill

Apprentice
Reaction score
in the Picobrew Zymatic forum, someone has created a Mash profile and Equipment profile for the Zymatic Picobrew. He has also made downloads of this profiles from BS available, in BSMX format. However, I cannot work out how to load these files. Or must they be added as Add-on by the author? Yes, I can copy and type in, but don't I have a computer to avoid that?

Attachments

• PicoBrew Zymatic.bsmx
    1.6 KB · Views: 317
  • My Pico Mash.bsmx
    5.2 KB · Views: 255
If the computer has a keyboard, you can't avoid typing.  ;)  Else, how'd you manage to post to this forum?  ;D

BSMX is the format for BeerSmith 2. You have two options for adding it into your copy.

With BeerSmith closed, you can simply click to open the profile file.
BeerSmith will open and you'll see it in it's own tab.
Open the equipment profiles.
Simply copy and paste it to the equipment profile tab.
Repeat for the mash profile

Or

With BeerSmith open:
File > Open File > [download directory] > Open
BeerSmith will open and you'll see it in it's own tab.
Open the equipment profiles.
Simply copy and paste it to the equipment profile tab.
Repeat these steps for the mash profile.

In both cases, when you close the tab or BeerSmith, you'll be prompted to save the file. You can click "no" because you've already put it into the equipment database.

This is also how you can add anything that's shared in BSMX format. If you should want to share a profile or set of ingredients, just highlight the items in the database and use the export button(s) in the home ribbon.

Back