• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

IBU calculation suggestion

jim81147

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey Brad , I think it would be really nice if when you updated your alpha acids for a new batch of hops ( like in your inventory)  it would update in the recipe . Not so much change the recipe by adjusting hops quantity , but in the IBU box update to what you will get now that you have a new batch of hops . The brewer can then look at the number and decide if it has changed enough to warrant a hops weight adjustment or not . As best I can tell the only way to do this now is adjust the alpha's in the HOPS category , then go to the recipe and delete hops , then re-enter (atleast thats all I was smart enough to do) and if you forget to do that then your IBU's are incorrect for the new batch of hops.

Hi,
  Thanks for the idea - I was thinking it would be nice if we had a button to update the prices as well...

Cheers!
Brad

Prices would be good as well. Dont know if that is something hard to do or not . Maybe a total update button might be easier??? Speaking for myself , I almost always buy more than 1 item when buying ingredients . This is probably especially true of those , like me , that buy most of thier stuff online. I try to get 3-4 brews ahead in ingredients to help offset shipping.

Brad , I have to say , on a side note , that you offer the best support for a product like this that I have ever seen !!! Kudo's

Back