• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings from Atwater, Calif.

Brokenmast

New Forum Member
Reaction score
  I’m Mack; I’m in my Mid 60’s. I spent almost a quarter of a century in the US Air Force and retired in 1990. I am now a Maintenance Manager for a large tomato cannery in downtown Modesto. I have worked in the food industry for 25 years.
  My first experience in home brewing was in 1969 at Ellsworth AFB, SD. I was a troubled airman and a E9 took me under his wing; he brewed beer in his basement, and I become his bottle washer.
  My second experience started in 1994, my wife give me a kit from Barley and Wine for Christmas. I went to all the Saturday classes that were offered that spring. I brewed 4 or 5 extracts that year.
  Now my son & I do all grain and have the equipment to-do 10gal brews. We have be using spread-sheet calculator, but moved up to BeerSmith 2 this week.

Hi Mack, welcome to Beersmith!
Getting your brewing profile right is very important in Beersmith and it will take a few batches to tweak it, but once you get it right you will find it very accurate (except perhaps IBU calcs - I just ignore those).

Back