• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

recipe conversion

fjbrolly

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'd like some help doing a partial mash to all grain recipe conversion.
The recipe I'm trying to convert uses light liquid unhopped malt extract, and high malt glucose.
What I'm unsure of is which syrups in the beersmith grain list are equivalent to these ingredients in order to do the recipe addition, then conversion.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Frank

Light unhopped extract is the same as "pale liquid extract" or "extra light dry extract" in the database and just converts to any pale or pilsner malt of your choice.

Just to be sure, you really have "High Maltose" glucose syrup? Not "Hi Malt" glucose? The latter is a brand name for just glucose while the former should be 50/50 maltose/glucose. Either way, it seems to be there to add alcohol and lighten body. It converts to dextrose or glucose as it's fully fermentable.

The glucose is corn syrup, you're spot on with the extract. I went to the vendor and confirmed in person...lol. I had wanted to convert an existing vendor recipe but I've realized that I'm over-thinking this. I have a target in mind, so its time to make recipes and dispose of the failures  ;)

Back