Author Topic: recipe conversion  (Read 3175 times)

Offline fjbrolly

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
recipe conversion
« on: October 28, 2015, 07:38:49 AM »
I'd like some help doing a partial mash to all grain recipe conversion.
The recipe I'm trying to convert uses light liquid unhopped malt extract, and high malt glucose.
What I'm unsure of is which syrups in the beersmith grain list are equivalent to these ingredients in order to do the recipe addition, then conversion.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Frank
Work is the curse of the drinking classes. - Oscar Wilde

Offline brewfun

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Malt dust is just alcohol's glitter
Re: recipe conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 03:56:32 AM »
Light unhopped extract is the same as "pale liquid extract" or "extra light dry extract" in the database and just converts to any pale or pilsner malt of your choice.

Just to be sure, you really have "High Maltose" glucose syrup? Not "Hi Malt" glucose? The latter is a brand name for just glucose while the former should be 50/50 maltose/glucose. Either way, it seems to be there to add alcohol and lighten body. It converts to dextrose or glucose as it's fully fermentable.
Beer Appreciation is the space between pints.

Offline fjbrolly

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Re: recipe conversion
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 03:42:59 AM »
The glucose is corn syrup, you're spot on with the extract. I went to the vendor and confirmed in person...lol. I had wanted to convert an existing vendor recipe but I've realized that I'm over-thinking this. I have a target in mind, so its time to make recipes and dispose of the failures  ;)
Work is the curse of the drinking classes. - Oscar Wilde