• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Upgraded to latest version of software and.... Slow to respond

CyberDave

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Just upgraded and the programme is slow to respond.  I mean 386 slow.  Should I blow out the programme and download a fresh copy or is there a patch, or must one hold his mouth just so?

Sincerely,
CyberDave

Dave,
  I'm not sure what would cause this - so far no one else has reported this issue.  I would suggest making a full backup copy of the BeerSmith directory under Program Files and then try a clean install.  I don't see any reason why the new version would be slower than 1.3. 

Before doing the clean install you might want to also open Internet Explorer and see that it is set up and acting properly.  BeerSmith uses an Internet Explorer plugin for print preview and printing, and if IE is set to some bizarre setting or non-existant printer (see print setup on the file menu under internet explorer) it might cause performance problems under BeerSmith.

Cheers!
Brad

That dod it.  I used Moe Zilla when I did the upgrade and that may or may not have been the facrtor.  I blew out Beersmith, downloaded a clean exe and did the install & importing of my existing recipe db and it seems to work as smoothly as the 1.3 version did.

Than you for your considerations!

Sincerely,
CyberDave

Back