• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How much beer do you have in fermenters at this time?

How much beer do you have fermenting?

• 5 gallons or less.

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • 10 gallons.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • 15 gallons

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 20 gallons

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • More than 20 gallons

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Scott Ickes

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I have 36 gallons fermenting.  I've attached a couple of photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1202.JPG
    IMG_1202.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 4
One 5.5 gallon batch of session ale.  Though I've got another session ale and a spiced pumpkin ale on tap.

Maine Homebrewer said:
One 5.5 gallon batch of session ale.  Though I've got another session ale and a spiced pumpkin ale on tap.

I didn't count what I have on tap. 

On Tap are:
Solera Saison (wild yeast and aged in a Pinot Noir Barrel). Harvested yeast from honey.
Wild yeast  Farmhouse Ale (different wild yeast than the Solera). Harvested from Russian Sage Bush.
Red Grapefruit IPA.
Nectarine Pale Ale.
Chocolate Butternut Porter.

In the fermenters are:
Sour Beers:.
5 gallons of Fruit Cake Oud Bruin (Flanders Brown) with wild yeast and Lactobacillus Brevis, dregs from two bottles of Jolly Pumpkin LaRoha and a wild honey yeast....this has been in the fermenter for about 2 years so far
5 gallons of Belgian Dark Strong with wild yeast and Lactobacillus Brevis, dregs from two bottles of Jolly Pumpkin LaRoha and a wild honey yeast....this has been in the fermenter for about 1 year so far.
5 gallons of Russian Imperial Stout - Belgian Strong on Syrah grapes Blend, with wild yeast and Lactobacillus Brevis, dregs from two bottles of Jolly Pumpkin LaRoha and a wild honey yeast.

2.5 gallons of a low gravity, low hop version of the Flanders Brown, without the fruit cake fruits and straight Roselaire yeast, no other yeasts or microbes.

A half gallon of a clone of Great Lakes Brewings Christmas Ale, soured (after a clean primary fermentation) with wild yeast and Lactobacillus Brevis, dregs from two bottles of Jolly Pumpkin LaRoha and a wild honey yeast.

Clean Beers
5 gallons of English Barleywine.
5 gallons of a clone of Great Lakes Brewing's Christmas Ale.
5 gallons of English IPA on "wild" honey yeast.
5 gallons of English IPA on "wild" Russian sage yeast.

12 gallons of Tomslager- a plain single malt single hop lager made with the remnant ingredients on hand. Just wanting an ordinary  (GASP!)  beer to have on hand.

Just tapped this American Brown Ale from a Beersmith extract recipe and have a Caribou Slobber and Irish Red Ale I just kegged in the spare fridge getting a gelatin fining. Brewed a Moose Drool clone yesterday from another Beersmith recipe in Primary and just finished brewing a Northern Brewer Honey Nut Brown Ale extract and hour ago also in Primary. Gonna be a good month!

I have 5.5 gallons of session IPA in primary in the fermentation chamber.  I always have something in the fermentation chamber (heat or cool plus minus 1F). I brew every 2-3 weeks in order to keep it fed.

20 Gallons
5 gal of Bourbon County
5 gal of Pliny the Elder
5 gal Irish Red
5 gal Barleywine

Back