• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Importing recipes from iPhone to Mac

Rockhopper

Apprentice
Reaction score
I originally bought the iPhone version of BeerSmith, as it was useful to add recipes while I was brewing, and to avoid getting my mac covered in sticky wort! I've now bought the desktop version and can't seem to see a way of importing the recipes from my phone to desktop? I fully accept I may be missing something very obvious but is there a way of doing this?

Equally, is there a way of synching desktop to phone (or between the two generally) as I'll have a a couple of different equipment profiles due to different mash tuns I have and it would be easier just to sort out the set ups on my desktop and then sync to my phone so I can switch between the two while I'm brewing in the garage.

Thanks
Phil.

Hey Phil,

The only way to move recipes between mobile and desktop devices is through the BS cloud. Copy the recipe to the cloud from the phone then on the desktop open the recipe from the cloud and save it locally.  You can then save each profile to the desktop. The reverse works the same

This is one of the very needed updates that Brad is apparently working on for the next desktop version

Good luck
Rick

Back