• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Should "Batch Size/Est Pre-Boil Vol" be filled out when equipment profile is...

vetting

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi.

I have a Grainfather equipment profile and mash profile already installed. When creating a new recipe, should "Batch Size" and "Est Pre-Boil Vol" already be filled out? "Batch Size" and "Est Pre-Boil Vol" is not filled out when I start a new recipe. I have to fill them out myself. "Batch Size" should be fill out, right? And "Est Pre-Boil Vol" should not be able to change? This is the case when I watch "Creating Your First Recipe with BeerSmith 2" on the beersmith video page.

Best regards
Øystein

A standard batch size is part of your equipment profile.  You can change it in the profile if you plan to regularly brew a different batch size as your standard or afterwards within a recipe if you decide you want to brew a 'one-off' batch of a non-standard size.  Your pre-boil volume is calculated by BeerSmith based upon your equipment profile.

Thank you for your reply. I found out how to make Beersmith calculate pre-boil vol, just cheked a box in the profile.

Back