• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

G'day Mate

Brooa

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi from Australia.
I've just bought Beersmith2. I'm having a play around with so that i'll know how to use it by the time I get my Grainfather (saving hard). In the meantime I'm just using kits and giving them that bit extra flavour & aroma through dry hopping. I'm fairly new to home brewing, but I have worked in the commercial brewing industry for 25 years.
So here's cheers.

Might liken it to working in a commercial bakery while never having made bread at home.  One is a science, the other an art.

Sorry, MaHo. That might be the way it works in the USA, but here in Oz we do things differently. There are only 2 rules we need to follow:
1. She'll be right, mate; and
2. Just suck it and see. :)

And welcome. Brooa

Maine Homebrewer said:
Might liken it to working in a commercial bakery while never having made bread at home.  One is a science, the other an art.

Maybe so, but in 25 years (in my brewery at least), I've seen the change from art to science. Some of it is good, some really bad/sad. But the right mix of science & art can be a beautiful thing. Which is what I'm hoping to create.

I can understand the science aspect in a commercial brewery because you need to make the exact same thing every time. At home you don't. Make it a lot less like work.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I'm sure your industry perspective will be very helpful and appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi. Also from Australia, just purchased and joined up here today.
I'm looking to get a Braumeister 20L
Does anyone here have the equipment settings for the Braumeister 20 so I can put them in before I get it so I can check out some recipes?

Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony

Open Beersmith and on one of the upper menu bars, choose "Add Ons". Click the green "+" button and scroll down the list. Cheers

Back