• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How do I change the default report style for the Brew Steps button

uncleben113

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I used to be able to print out my brew steps in a low ink, black and white version by just hitting "Brew Steps" and "Print". I don't know how I changed these defaults in the past but since my latest installation of BeerSmith, when I try to print out brew steps for a recipe, it prints out these full colored blocks for each heading. I want to know how to change the default settings to a simple, black and white, low ink brew steps sheet. I know I can go in and change the color preference manually but I don't want to have to do this every single time I print and I'm not even sure this would fix the problem with the solid colored, blocks of header space.

I have that I can create a custom report but I know I can do it without that because I did it before.

Thanks for your help!

When you see the print preview window, click on the Page Setup icon (a gear).

Unclick the "Print Background Colors and Images" box.

I think that should do it.

brewfun said:
When you see the print preview window, click on the Page Setup icon (a gear).

Unclick the "Print Background Colors and Images" box.

I think that should do it.

I don't see that option in my Page Set Up menu. I'm just assuming that this is not an option anymore for some reason

On the right side next to the report flag in your Recipe page ( not the design page). Chick on print next to the report flag. You will find the gear on the top ribbon in the preview window.

I'm having the same problem and made a similar post before finding this one. My post - http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,14462.msg56657.html#msg56657

It's a bummer and kind of sucks not have the text only option any more. I used it to create my shopping list too.

I've tried the option of not printing background images. It still needlessly prints the pint glass. Yeah, I know I'm whining but it was such a simple feature. Can't see why it was removed or how I may have turned it off.

Is this the report you are looking for?  If so, you need to select the report from the drop down menu I have circled in red and select 'Plain Text'.  You can then print directly from the preview screen.

Attachments

• txt report.JPG
    txt report.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 662
Back