• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Double-batch in Beersmith

arrecifes

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

I usually brew double batches into one fermenter (one batch one day and the next one the following day, I don't mean one double-size batch).  Anyone knows how to enter that "recipe" into beersmith?  Usual problems, for example: I have 2 O.G. and one F.G., I use yeast only for the first batch, the volumes have to be added,... etc.

Thanks!!

Make a master recipe for the full volume. You'll have to create an equipment profile that sums the losses of two batches. You can copy the recipe brewing sessions to the brew log or an independent folder. This recipe should log the average measured gravities of each batch and sum the measured volumes.

In the brew log folder, copy and scale the master recipe to your actual equipment. Copy the scaled version so you have identical records and change each to their respective brew date. Since each batch is a brew session, these are your relevant records. In the notes section, record which other brew date(s) were married together.

Back