• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New to BeerSmith

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Russ and I'm new to BeerSmith, but have been brewing for a about 3 years.  I mostly do BIAB and recently decided to take my brewing to a new level and try batch sparging.  I built a nice mash tun and want to start brewing some 10-11 gallon batches.  I always keg my beer and have a keezer that I built that holds 3 kegs.  I'm hoping BeerSmith will help me improve my game a bit.  I love to brew porters, stouts and upper English browns. I was originally "Scalded Dog"  on my hot rod forum and just kept it on the Northern Brewer forum as well.  I don't actually plan to start my own brewery, unless I win the lottery.

Welcome,  Russ! I,  too,  am new to this forum. I'm sure we will both learn a lot from the seasoned brewer's here!  Sounds like you are on your way to being a top notch brewer!

Back