• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Looking For "Australian Sparkling Ale" Style in Beersmith - Seeking Help

Jiffster

Brewer
Reaction score
I visited my LHBS and they whipped up a quick recipe for "Samuel Adams Sparkling Ale" using Beersmith and printed it out for me. I am trying to create it in my Beersmith using my equipment, etc. but I can't locate an "Australian Sparkling Ale" style.

The LHBS guy did use an Australian Sparkling Ale style and I have seen it in other Beersmith recipes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Australian sparkling ale is style 12B under the 2015 BJCP guidelines.  Check to see if you have that set of styles downloaded by clicking on 'options' >> 'Brewing' and looking at what you have for 'Display Style Guide'.  You can click on this and set the style default to 'BJCP 2015' if it is downloaded. 

If it is not available as a choice, you can download it by clicking on 'add-ons' and selecting/downloading it from the list of available choices.

Back