• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding custom ingredients to data base

Stillraining

Brewer
Reaction score
I have searched and read, and searched and read...I just want a straight answer please.

I would like to add Bourbon into my data base as an ingredient.... How do you do this.  I have read its possible to add custon ingredients  permanently to the data base  but it sure isn't obvious how.

Under 'Ingredients' across the top, click on it to bring up the drop down box.  Click on "Grain".  That will open up a window.  Click on "Add Grain".  Fill in the information (set potential to 1.035 and change it to sugar, at least that is what I did) and click on "ok".  I set the color to 3 SRM on mine.  You now will have Bourbon added. 

A side note, 1 pint of 80 proof liquor adds 1% ABV to a 5 gallon batch. 

Awesome Scott Thanks!  It still took me a minute to find the "add grain" button.... I wasn't looking across the top again.  Did you also check the box  "mark this item as unfermentable"?  I did but not sure if that's totally correct.

I did not mark it as unfermentable, because, if you do, BeerSmith will not utilize the potential and the alcohol addition won't be added in.

Yep I eventually figured that out.... thanks Mate, your help was greatly appreciated.

Back