• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

90 minute Boil Time

beardednewt

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am using Beersmith 2 on iOS 9.2 and have only been using the software a couple days.  I am trying to setup a 90 minute boil with the first hop addition at 90 minutes.  When looking at the Boil timer it shows that I have the following error "boil time for ingredient longer than recipe boil time".  The boil timer shows the 90 minute hop addition but the End of Boil at 1:00 hours.  How do I change the "end of Boil" time?

Boil time is entered in your equipment profile.

From the recipe, tap Edit.
Scroll down to the equipment profile and click the gear icon.
Scroll down to Boil Time and change it to 90 minutes.
Tap Save, then Save.

You can also change the Equipment Profile so that future recipes have the time already corrected.

From the Main Menu
Tap Profiles > Equipment.
Choose your equipment profile
Tap Edit
Change the Boil Time
Tap Save.

Note that if you  change your equipment profile outside of a recipe that it will not change the equipment file which is saved with each existing recipe. 

So if you alter your equipment file from the main menu in the profiles, when you open an existing recipe, you must first 'change' your equipment profile to the new one (even if they have the same name) to reflect the specs of new profile.

Back