• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Changing Lager Temperature Fermentation

SplitHop

Apprentice
Reaction score
How do I change the temperature I want the lager to ferment at for the 6 week period?  I am unable to change it when I select the yeast I want.  I have tried clicking on the yeast and editing that way but no info is allowed.

The actual temperatures and times that you ferment at is contained within your fermentation profile.  You can click on 'profiles' >> 'Fermentation profiles' > and select one of the templates there to get started.  Open it and adjust the parameters as you see fit: how long at what temperatures, start and ending temperatures for each stage.

I do find that the lager profiles are a bit limiting in only allowing for 3 stages, but I can mimic most of my typical lagering methods with it and I keep actual charts on my fermentation temperatures with my brewing notes.

Oginme said:
I do find that the lager profiles are a bit limiting in only allowing for 3 stages.

100% agree! Having the option to add and name fermentation steps is one of my top suggestions for improvement.

Back