• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

pounds/ounces decomal inventory vs editing

allentwnguy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there a place to make editing inventory and actual inventory reflect each other?  It is such a PITA to edit in decimal to correct inventory especially if you wind up with 7 ounces and have to calculate decimal for the entry into inventory is correct.  I'm just short of making a conversion chart but this is something that the program should be able to do.

I use kg for grains, but just ran an experiment.  I opened up my grain inventory and selected a grain I don't normally use.  I entered the inventory amount as '1 lb 4 oz', beersmith converted everything to metric and gave me an inventory figure of 0.566 kg.  Next I changed my default units to lbs and repeated the operation.  BeerSmith converted the amount to 1.25 lbs.  The functionality is there.

I'm in the middle of brewing my Mee Wee Heavy a 90S Scotch Ale.  I took a break for lunch between additions and yup!  It was as simple as adding 1lb 4oz instead of trying to figure out the decimal.  When I do an inventory and correct the on hand in the program it was crazy when I would have 9 oz of something taking the time to figure out .56lb.  Thanks again OG.

Back