• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Where is the Import Wizard?

Jig Head

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm trying to import my recipes from Brewer's Friend, but I can't find the Import Wizard. Is there any other way to import recipes?

If you can export the recipes from Brewer's Friend in beerxml format, they can then be imported into beersmith.

What version of BS2 are you running?  On my 'File' drop down menu the 'import wizard' is right below the 'change documents directory' option. 

Typically, I am only bringing in one recipe, so I just save the recipe from another site/software and then open it directly into BS2 using 'open file'.

I was trying to import 77 recipes at once, but I have to do it one at a time with the open file feature. I'm using 2.2.14.

Mine is the same version.  I can feel your pain doing this 77 times and am surprised that the option is not on your menu selections.  What system are you running on?

That may be the issue.  I'm on a windows system.  Try e-mailing Brad directly and see if he has a fix.

Back