• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to add items to inventory

L

LIBNICK

I just downloaded the trial version to take it for a test drive and noticed that I cannot add items to inventory.  Is this just in the trail version or is there a problem ? I tried by going into grains and highlighting one and then using the action command but it is grayed out.

Hi,
  You add items to the inventory by going to the individual ingredient databases (hops, yeast, etc) and entering your inventory for items there.  Alternately you can also do it from the shopping cart if you have a shopping list you want to add all at once.

Cheers!
Brad

Thanks.  In the trial version I'm using you cannot do it from the individual databases such as the hops, grains etc... as it is not an option there, it is grayed out.  I had to enter it into my shopping cart before it was available to add to inventory.  I just wanted to make sure that I could track items before I purchased the reg version.

Hi,
  Actually you can edit the inventory for each item. 

For example, go to the hops table, pick a hop like Cascade, and double click on it.  You should be able to enter the inventory amount directly from the "Hops" dialog for the "Cascade" hop entry that comes up.  Press OK and it will now show up on your inventory.

I'm in the process of putting a series of videos together to walk people through various aspects of the program.  I should have them up in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
Brad

Back