• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory transfer

P

Plgl

Last week, my beersmith software developped a wierd bug (been using beersmith on windows vista for almost 1 year, 25 recipes brewed) in which it would crash evrytime I tried to open a recipe window.  Everything else was fine. As a quick workaround I decided to install a second beersmith on my computer and mannaged to transfer the reciepes using the export function.

Is there a way a could export all the other preferences? I am most interested in the Inventory but also some custom yeast, hop and grain files?

Thanks!

Sure!

You can go to each of the databases (hops, yeast, etc) and export those files as well.  Alternately you can access the files in the C:\Program Files\BeerSmith directory - there are files named for each type (Hops.bsm, Yeast.bsm, etc...) which you can export.

Regarding the crash problem (which appears to be rare)- try removing the "newopts14.opt" file from your BeerSmith directory.  If that does not help, drop me an email and I have a beta fix I would like to have you try.

Thanks,
Brad

Thanks!

Removing the file did the trick, did I change anything in my actual version by doing this?

Thanks!

No,
  It stores some very minor information relating to size of some columns. 

I have a beta fix to try if you would like that should prevent the problem from recurring.  Drop me an email if interested.

Thanks,
Brad

Back