• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

upgraded, now its blank

PhotogScott

Brewer
Reaction score
I just upgraded to 1.4 and now the ingredients list is totally blank.  All other fields are active.  I can add ingredients and the changes show elsewhere but the ingredients field remains empty.  This is true with all recipies including the pre-loaded ones

Hi,
  This is a known (but fairly rare) problem - and pretty easy to fix.  Delete the "newopts14.opts" file from your C:\Program Files\BeerSmith directory and it should all come back just fine. 

I also have a beta version patch that I believe fixes the problem but I'm trying to get a few more people to check it since I have been unable to duplicate the problem on my Vista machine.  Just send me an email and I will send you a link to the patch.

Thanks,
Brad

Hi,
  Were you able to fix it per above?

Brad

This happened to me and the removal of the file did not fix it.

Under Vista or windows 7 you may also have a "Compatibility files" directory that shows up on the toolbar when you go to the BeerSmith directory.  This is where your data and the opts file likely lives.  The full path to the compatibility directory is:  C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\BeerSmith

where {USERNAME} is your login name for Vista.

If you delete the newopts14.opts directory there you should be in business. 

Cheers,
Brad

i tried all of the above when i ran into "the ingredients problem," but none of the solutions worked for me.  Any other suggestions for vista users?  thanks in advance....

Its possible one of your other files is corrupted in some way, though difficult to determine which.  The other obvious thing to do is to reinstall to another directory and then import your old recipe files from the original directory once you have it up and running again.

Cheers,
Brad

http://www.themadmusicarchive.com/song_details.aspx?SongID=387

NO offense to BeerSmith or Brad, just reminded me of a funny song. 

Back