• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cheers to Craft Beers

AleByI

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers - some of you might have seen me around Facebook.

I've always enjoyed good wines, fine scotches and big bold craft beers.  Under the 2012 Christmas Tree was a beer making kit (thanks to my lovely wife) so I was committed to give it a go. After the first brew I was hooked and wanted more. My then zero balance credit card was quickly exercised to it's fullest potential and I acquired a 15gal 3 burner Blickmann Top Tier system - I was all in.
After a few 'extract' batches I started doing some all-grain's - a bit more work evolved but love the control you have over every step of the process.  It's fun putting my own spin on popular recipes. I've also infused batches with Tequila, Bourbons and Single Malt Scotches with some awesome results. In further experimentations I tried using Whiskey Bourbon oak barrels to not only pre-condition the water but to store and age a Barleywine.

Even though this is more a hobby I couldn't resist creating a brand name so I thought up Ale-By-I.

I had a bit of fun designing and creating the AleByI logo (see below). The end result represents a few things.
Ale-By-I is anagram to Bailey (me)
Ale-By-I is Ale "I" brew
Ale-By-Eye is Ale brewed by using lots of creative guesswork by eye.
The eye in the logo is "The Eye of Horus" or the all seeing eye. There are different meanings for the eye but the one that caught 'my eye' was "safety and health of the bearer and to provide wisdom and prosperity". The Eye of Horus was believed to have healing and protective power - very useful when drinking beer.

And this is what brings me to the BeerSmith. I am starting out learning the software and with all the experimentation I do and I'm sure I'll have a question or two. At the same time I'm happy to share my own experiences whenever the opportunity arises.

Cheers to Great Beers!

AleByI_Logo_350.jpg

The logo and brand AleByI are registered trademarks.

AleByI said:
Even though this is more a hobby I couldn't resist creating a brand name so I thought up Ale-By-I.

Welcome to the forum!

Nicely done. This is one of the more clever and memorable homebrew logos I've seen.

Back